We are looking for a Data Scientist to help design, develop and refine our ad serving methodologies. You will apply statistical and machine learning models to maximize advertiser and company outcomes, leveraging large data sets with both proven and experimental techniques.
AppOnboard is a next-gen platform that powers Full-Fidelity Demos, which allow users to instantly experience an app or game in the highest quality possible before downloading it. AppOnboard enables app and game testing, driving insights to product teams and optimizing app launches and onboarding. The company was founded in late 2016 by Jonathan Zweig, the founding CEO of AdColony (which sold to Opera Software for $350 million).
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to have an impact at one of the hottest startups in Los Angeles and top companies defining the future of app development. We also just secured our official $15 million Series A fundraising round!
- Develop professional grade models to optimize advertising outcomes, employing statistical modeling, machine learning and data mining techniques
- Process and analyze large data sets to discern meaningful trends and relationships
- Partner with Data Analysts, Product and Engineering teams to operationalize/scale solutions
- Eventually build out and lead a full data science department
What We're Looking For
- A Master’s or PHD in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, or Engineering)
- At least 4 years of professional experience as a data scientist
- Strong understanding of machine learning techniques and statistical data analysis
- Fluency with query languages (e.g. SQL) across MySQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in at least one high-level statistical language such as Python or R
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience in Ad Tech or Mobile Gaming is a plus