Data Import Specialist
Data Import Specialist
ServiceTitan is looking for a Data Import Specialist to join our data team. Strong candidates will have basic knowledge of the SQL server, TSQL, ETL operations, and SSIS packages in addition to strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The most critical portion of the role is deconstructing and re-interpreting databases from other software to translate them into our database. It also includes support of existing, and development of new automated import methods. The candidate will work closely with cross departmental resources to ensure on time delivery of transferred data for customers adoption of ServiceTitan.
Our Data Import Specialist will receive projects and deadlines from several departments. The ability to own tasks, clearly communicate requirements, delays, completion and prioritize a constantly shifting schedule of deadlines is paramount.
This work is highly critical to successfully building our company. It is the lynchpin of the sales and onboarding process. Data concerns are a blocker for most of our customers, so delivering high quality, highly accurate transfers is absolutely crucial and greatly appreciated by both our customers and our company.
What you'll do
- Manage a wide variety of tasks with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Clearly communicate project status’ and updates with internal clients in a timely manner for successful delivery.
- Find and employ methods for transferring sources of data we have not previously encountered
- Evaluate and understand database structures and interpret them into ServiceTitan data model
- Write queries to correct, reformat or move data
- Update and maintain a repository of useful scripts
What you'll need
- 1+ years of experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016
- Strong communication skills
- Basic knowledge and experience in T-SQL
- Basic understanding of database and data model concepts
- Experience in C# or Java is a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Able to identify relationships within databases and make infer the developers intent based on structure and values
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with tight deadlines and high expectations
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2018
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company, 2018
Deloitte Fast 500, 2018
Inc 5000 - Best Workplaces, 2018
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies, 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, 2017