Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. We’re looking to hire an entrepreneurial Data & Analytics Engineering Manager. If you're passionate about building meaningful products that people love to use, then you’ll love what we’re up to.
Our team is solving big problems that requires a big-picture thinker who is motivated to make a real difference through their work. The individual in this role should love data and accuracy of data should be their passion.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for data accuracy, reliability, and on time delivery of features
- Manage expectations with multiple stakeholders across different functions
- Build cross-functional relationships with data science, product and software engineering teams
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches
- Drive data quality across the product verticals and related business areas
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations
- Work closing with cross-functional teams to identify key performance metrics and ensure they are captured and reported in a timely manner
- Build an organization that takes ownership and accuracy of data 24x7x365
- Define and manage SLAs for all data sets and processes running in production
What you’ll need:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field
- A fintech background with an understanding of the complexity and importance of financial data
- Comfortable being hands-on when needed, but remain strategic in vision and action
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership/management role, building data pipelines, and data analysis
- Firsthand experience building a scalable data pipeline that can process in batch as well as real-time mode
- Knowledge of Python and/or R programming languages
- Hands-on experience with Docker Containers and/or Amazon Kubernetes Service
- Expert in AWS data analytics tools like Redshift, Firehose, Kinesis
- Expert level skill with SQL, using complex nesting queries to produce aggregated results
- Hands-on experience data pipeline tools like building DAG on airflow or prefect.io
- Experience building reporting on Tableau
- A strong understanding of building and managing multiple A/B tests and reporting effectiveness of those results back to the stakeholders
What you’ll get:
At Altruist you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt the financial industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading-edge of their craft.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor with the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team with a significant venture. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).