In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Analytics Software Department is seeking a Data Engineer to help design and develop Data Engineering Platforms for our civil and national security space customers. Do you want to develop data analytics pipelines and do innovative work on the data processing frameworks and architectures with the ability to intelligently scale? Join us on the Analytics Software Department team in The Aerospace Corporation!
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments typically have specified objectives.
- Supports multiple space systems customers.
- Develops cloud native applications and microservices for scalable and distributed software systems.
- Quickly learns new technical skills to tackle technology's greatest challenges.
- Provides recommendations on data engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a recognized institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Two or more years of industry-related experience
- Design of highly scalable web services and distributed systems with cloud native microservices
- Build and optimize data sets, 'big data' data pipelines and architectures
- Present project updates to management in order to ensure that project development remains aligned with subdivision’s goals and vision
- Lead projects and build data engineering platforms for customers’ data challenges
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Master’s degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related fields
- Experience in leading software development teams
- Experience with data visualization frameworks or development
- Experience with cloud deployment and management tools
- Active Secret security clearance