Data Engineer at WELL Health, Inc.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing organization. You will report to our Director, Data Engineering and would be responsible for WELL’s data and analytics platforms. You are someone that is excited about being a pioneer in the healthcare technology space. You enjoy managing large data sets, and building data models and processes in a structured, collaborative, and inclusive environment.
As a Data Engineer you will work with members of the Data team, as well as the Product and Application Engineering teams. You will manage existing data processes, work with Product and Engineering to implement new product capabilities, and build new system and data solutions.
This is an exciting role for an experienced data engineer that is looking for their next opportunity at a fast-paced startup.
- Contribute to the system architecture and infrastructure decision making processes
- Hands on management of ELT and data stream processes
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 2+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
- At least 1+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or another public cloud service
- Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Linux/UNIX
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership to ensure alignment and drive progress
- Extensive experience working with AWS with a strong understanding of Redshift, EMR, Athena, Aurora, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.
- Experience with Looker and/or Tableau
- Experience with NLP
- Experience with Matillion and/or AWS Glue
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and has a satellite office in Orange County, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Fantastic remote company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, cooking classes, book clubs, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy snacks), Kombucha on tap, light-filled space, Sonos workplace, ergonomic desk setup, and the occasional taco truck.
MacBook Pro provided
Unlimited vacation/PTO and a flexible work schedule
Generous equity package
Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
WELL is dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and express their thoughts and opinions. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.