Inspire makes it simple for everyone to have a smart home. The company’s groundbreaking subscription is the first to seamlessly combine smart home control and clean energy for home. Powered by a proprietary analytics engine, the Inspire Smart Home app allows members to create and control a completely personal home experience. Inspire empowers people to live more purposefully and sustainably everyday, moving us all towards a brighter energy future.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in the great city of Philadelphia and sunny Santa Monica, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
You are passionate about the potential for big data to solve big problems, and you want to work directly towards creating a better, greener energy future. You love learning about cutting-edge technologies, researching the best solutions, streamlining and automating repetitive work, and digging into datasets to uncover patterns and insights.
On Inspire’s Data Engineering team, you’ll expand, improve and optimize the data that fuels solutions to the ground-breaking problems we are solving as part of our product-driven organization.
Technologies we use:
- Frameworks: Airflow, DBT, Kinesis/Lambda
- Infrastructure: AWS, Heroku
- Datastores: Redshift, PostgreSQL, S3, Redis
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Work with teams of engineers, product managers, and data scientists to understand requirements and formulate solutions
- Break big data problems down into cases, patterns, component parts and manageable steps
- Design and implement scalable database, service and application frameworks to solve big real-world problems
- Build efficient and scalable data processing routines, working with files, APIs, and databases
- Optimize storage and querying patterns to make the best use of space and time
- Analyze large, relational datasets to understand patterns, troubleshoot issues and answer questions
- Design, build and deploy new features, functions, structures, processing, analytics or data visualization.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You are a highly analytical thinker, passionate about data, technology, research and the scientific method
- You have a strong background in mathematics
- You have 2+ years of experience with SQL and Python
- You have a working knowledge of software architecture, development lifecycles and agile methodologies
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!