Data Engineer (SQL, Python)
Viant’s Engineering team is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Irvine, CA office. The engineer will be involved in the full development lifecycle, contributing to various Viant product lines.
- Writing complex SQL queries.
- Analyzing and tuning SQL queries.
- Writing ETL and ELT jobs using various tools and programming languages.
- Designing, developing, testing, debugging and deploying applications and reports using various technologies.
- Importing and exporting large amounts of data in formats like CSV, JSON, XML, etc.
- Need to be able to easily switch between different technologies.
- Solving complex performance problems, architectural challenges and production issues.
- Working with product owners, QA engineers and fellow engineers.
- Following organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
- 2-3 years of experience in data engineering
- Minimum B.S in computer science, mathematics or related field.
- Strong foundation in computer science and OOP
- Experience with Python (Java a huge plus)
- Exposure to cloud based technologies like Google Cloud Platform, AWS.
- Experience with web services.
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle and other database technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot queries, stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn newer technologies in a short period of time.
- Good sense of humor and a team player.
- Exposure or understanding of NoSQL technologies a plus
- Exposure to machine learning a plus
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Wellness programs – info sessions and occasional chair massages
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Founded in 1999, Viant Technology LLC is a leading global people-based advertising technology company, enabling marketers to better plan, execute, and measure their digital media investments through our cloud-based platform. Built on a foundation of people instead of cookies, the Viant Advertising Cloud™ provides marketers with access to over 1 billion registered users globally, one of the largest registered user databases in the world, and infuses accuracy, transparency, reach and accountability into cross device advertising.
Viant owns and operates Adelphic and MySpace, and is a member of the Xumo joint venture.
In 2016, Viant became a subsidiary of Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME), one of the world’s leading media companies with over 100 influential brands including People, Sports Illustrated, Fortune and Time. In February 2018, Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; meredith.com) acquired Time Inc. and all its subsidiary companies including Viant, creating a cross channel ecosystem of nearly 200 million unduplicated American consumers every month, including 85 percent of U.S. Millennial women.
Read Full Job Description