Data Engineer (SQL, Python) at Viant
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:35 a.m. (PST) on Friday, August 7, 2020
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Viant’s Engineering team is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Irvine, CA office. The engineer will be involved in the full development lifecycle, contributing to various Viant product lines.
- Writing complex SQL queries.
- Analyzing and tuning SQL queries.
- Writing ETL and ELT jobs using various tools and programming languages.
- Designing, developing, testing, debugging and deploying applications and reports using various technologies.
- Importing and exporting large amounts of data in formats like CSV, JSON, XML, etc.
- Need to be able to easily switch between different technologies.
- Solving complex performance problems, architectural challenges and production issues.
- Working with product owners, QA engineers and fellow engineers.
- Following organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
- 2-3 years of experience in data engineering
- Minimum B.S in computer science, mathematics or related field.
- Strong foundation in computer science and OOP
- Experience with Python (Java a huge plus)
- Exposure to cloud based technologies like Google Cloud Platform, AWS.
- Experience with web services.
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle and other database technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot queries, stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn newer technologies in a short period of time.
- Good sense of humor and a team player.
- Exposure or understanding of NoSQL technologies a plus
- Exposure to machine learning a plus
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Wellness programs – info sessions and occasional chair massages
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.