Data Engineer II - NBC Sports Next at NBCUniversal (Remote)
NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We're a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine , the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow , the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify , swim team management services; GoMotion , sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge , a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we're fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
This role is part of our Youth & Recreational Sports group, comprised of technology platforms such as SportsEngine, GoMotion, TourneyMachine, and TeamUnify. We enable athletes, parents, coaches and team administrators in the youth and recreational space to manage their organizations, collect payments, share schedules, find programs to participate in and connect with other families. Additionally, NCSI enables leagues and organizations to properly screen and train coaches in an effort to keep kids safe.
SportsEngine has an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer II. In this role as part of the Data Engineering Team, you work to manage the full lifecycle of our data warehousing needs. Our data warehouse and data operations are built on top of Amazon Web Services using a modern data warehousing stack which includes the use of Amazon Redshift, Apache Airflow and Sisense for reporting.
In delivering the key priorities of the role, the Data Engineer will;
- Work within a small team of passionate data scientists and data engineers.
- Contribute to the management of the day to day operations of running our Data Warehouse.
- Build data pipelines and ETLs for loading source system data into the data warehouse for further reporting and analysis.
- Assist in building scalable data models to support reporting and tracking of key business and product metrics.
- Build, analyze and manage reports and dashboards for business stakeholders.
- Help identify better practices, tools, and relevant trends that can positively influence the data operations across the business.
All candidates must meet the qualifications below:
- A minimum of 5 years of Data engineering experience is required.
- Experience with AWS, Python is required.
- Working experience in building Data Marts and Data Modeling.
- Deep Experience and understanding of SQL (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift).
- Experience with any ETL (Airflow, Boomi) tools is required.
- Experience with BI Tools is a must (such as Periscope, Sisense, Tableau).
Desired qualifications are as follows:
- ETL (Airflow, Boomi, Stitch) tools.
- Python Programming
- BI Tools (such as Periscope, Sisense, Tableau).
- Database (Redshift)
- AWS (S3 bucket, DMS, Lambda)
Interested candidates must:
- Submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.