DATA ARCHITECT at TeleSign
TeleSign is a cloud communications company that is redefining the way the largest brands in the world protect, connect and engage with their users. With an innovative suite of APIs, enhanced by data intelligence and Machine Learning, TeleSign delivers communication, verification and Mobile Identity solutions that have been used by almost everyone around the world. In business for more than a decade, profitable and located in the heart of Silicon Beach with panoramic views of the ocean and Hollywood sign, there is no better place to evolve and grow your career.
What you will do:
TeleSign deals in data with high velocity and high variety. In addition to maintaining and extending our existing microservice architecture, the data architect will lead efforts to integrate with third-party APIs and develop a system which scales effortlessly, gracefully handles every possible exception, and deliver an impressively low response time.
- Set the code-standards, design practices, and values of the data team.
- Perform code review and supervise the work of the team.
- Establish the services the data team will provide to other departments and a process for triaging new requests.
- Demonstrate an active interest in new technology, research, and tools.
- Identify opportunities to support the vision of the product team with new algorithms, approaches, and methodologies when applicable.
- Take ownership of future architecture choices.
- Develop informed opinions about the variety of tools, solutions, and services which Telesign might adopt.
- Effectively communicate with business and engineering stakeholders to ensure integrations are implemented in a technically correct and logically correct way.
- Collaborates within and across groups with little or no supervision in writing technical documents.
About You :
- 5+ years’ experience building enterprise AWS solutions in a Data Architect role
- Experience with Spark and other ETL tools (Airflow, AWS Glue, etc.))
- Experience with noSQL options, and their pros and cons (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, etc)
- Experience with AWS Code Commit or Terraform
- Exposure to Sagemaker, Komprehend, AWS Glue, AWS Athena, and AWS Lambda
- A strong understanding of delivering data solutions to production as microservices via a RESTful interface
- Experience with high volume web services. Caching, distributed processing, replication and performance profiling
- Expertise in Spark
- Experience using ELK Stack
- Understanding of development best practices and standards (test-driven development, design patterns, coding standards, etc.).
- Experience with Python and/or Scala
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Our global team consists of the best and the brightest in the industry and we treat them as such. We provide a variety of excellent benefits ranging from the standard: 401(k) matching, free lunches, generous PTO, and flexible schedules to the not so standard: quarterly performance bonuses, in-house massages, our state of the art office with panoramic views of the marina and hills, and so much more! ;)
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.