Data Architect at FabFitFun, Inc.
FabFitFun is seeking a Data Architect who will be an exceptional addition to our growing Data Engineering team. As the first Data Architect on the team, you will be responsible for the architecture of our Data stack, ETL pipelines, data models and overall integration with external and internal data sources. You will collaborate closely with BI, Data Science, and Engineering teams to design solutions for data products, tools, services and infrastructure while being an expert on data architecture and operations. You will turn data into a craft that helps us better understand our customers and business and bring us one step closer to our goal of achieving personalization.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Data Engineering & Infrastructure, BI & Data Science teams to design and develop the architecture of FabFitFun’s Enterprise Data Lake, Data Vaults/Hub, Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Marts with batch & streaming big data technologies, primarily on the AWS stack
- Responsible for design and promotion of the process and system for Data Quality and Data Governance
- Coordinate with technical and business teams to ensure consistency of data requirements and systems evolving with the business and technology growth
- Work closely with other architects to draw out technology/data roadmap and evolution path
- Promote and develop data architecture best practices, guidelines, procedures and frameworks
- Provide solutions, recommendations, documentation and training to the technical and business teams for continuous improvement of building a data-driven business
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field of study with quantitative background; MS preferred. Certifications or related course work in Data Modeling, Analytics, Data Warehousing and Data Structures.
- 8+ years experience in highly distributed and scalable data systems architecture and development
- Proficiency with AWS and/or Hadoop ecosystems with deep understanding of distributed computation and storage systems
- Experience building scalable Enterprise Data Warehouse on Redshift/Snowflake/Vertica
- Proven expertise with ETL Tools and frameworks such as Talend/Informatica/SSIS
- Proficiency with Java, Python and scripting languages
- Experience building, managing and tuning a high volume OLAP system
- Expert level knowledge of data modeling and experience in building the enterprise data warehouse
- Advanced knowledge of data management systems, process, practices and standards
- Strong organizational, presentation and analytical skills
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
- Excellent communication skills and cross-team / cross-company collaboration skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience on e-commerce and/or subscription service products is a huge plus!
- Experience architecting data lake and DW stack is a huge plus
- Experience in building data system and architecture that supports machine learning & AI
What you’ll get:
- Daily impact on one of the fastest growing companies in the US that are revolutionizing e-commerce
- Opportunity to enable FabFitFun to achieve personalization through data science and analytics
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k
- Generous PTO policy
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store