Data Architect - BI Platform
Data Architect, Business Intelligence Platform
Service Titan is seeking an exceptional Data Architect to join one of the fastest growing tech startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Systems and Business Insights, you will join a small, but growing, team which prides itself on being a, solution-driven, strategic partner to Service Titan business operators. We’re one of the most data-driven companies, at all levels of the organization, that will depend on your work to achieve the extraordinary. You will be empowered to challenge the status quo, dream big and make a massive impact.
- Help build our Business Insights capabilities, including defining and implementing requirements for our company-wide BI platform, management of integrations and prioritization of requests backlog.
- Ensures that data architecture and data management strategy creates a foundation for future investment in business intelligence and collaboration
- Collaborates with business, service, and solution architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture and maximize the value of data across the organization
- Collaborating with team members to design, develop, test, document and implement data integration, data warehousing, and business intelligence solutions in AWS environment.
- Maintains a holistic view of data assets by creating and maintaining blueprints that illustrate how data is stored, processed, and accessed
- Responsible for the development of logical data models and physical database designs applied across multiple computing environments
- Provide oversight and direction for the design and development of the data warehouses’
- Work with the ETL developer to implement data provisioning processes.
- Monitor performance and advise any necessary infrastructure changes
- Ensure optimal end user performance by establishing and consistently executing overall system performance assessment processes and associated action plans
- Help analytics users from various functions access and understand the data and metrics in our data lake.
- Develop standards, process flows and tools that promote and facilitate the mapping of data sources, documenting interfaces and data movement across the enterprise.
- Define governance and best practices around metadata to ensure an integrated definition of data for enterprise information, and to ensure the accuracy, validity, reusability, and consistent definitions for common reference data.
- Establish data architecture and related standards, taxonomies, namespaces and metadata standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related discipline
- Minimum 8-10 years of Database experience from design to implementation. Candidates must have experience working as Architect/Modeller, developer and integration with external ETL tools at a fast-growth tech company, preferably SaaS, with development and production support experience
- 3+ years in provisioning data to an AWS environment
- 3+ years architect and developer experience with RedShift data warehouse implementation
- 3+ analytics projects with AWS environment where data provisioning was core component
- Experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Proven experience with ETL tools and familiarity with Business Solution like Tableau.
- Strong knowledge and experience of SQL, DB architecture and able to speak to the SWOT of major cloud DB vendors in the market (AWS, Azure, Google, SAP and Oracle)
- High degree of independent judgment and ability to solve complex problems
- Data auditing skills to verify data integrity, understand discrepancies and resolve them with the highest sense of urgency.
- Experience using tools like Jira, Confluence and Informatica.
- Experience working in fast paced Agile development environment.
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work 2018
Inc 5000 Best Workplaces 2018
Inc 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Cloud Computing Companies 2018
Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2017