Data Analyst at ChowNow
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:16 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, August 29, 2020
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a member of the Analytics team, you will be responsible for providing rigorous data analyses to help inform and optimize internal processes and strategy. You will define and operationalize the tracking of both company-wide and department-specific KPIs related to Product, Consumer Marketing, and more. In addition, you will collaborate with Data Engineering to build the platform, dashboards, and tools necessary to power all data-informed decisions at ChowNow.
Reports to: Analytics Lead
Within 30 days, you will:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Familiarize yourself with the company’s front end analytics tools and data warehouse
- Meet with various stakeholders to better understand the company’s analytics needs
Within 3 months, you will:
- Build automated, scalable solutions to enable advanced exploratory and self-service analytics
- Identify and analyze department-specific KPIs (e.g. diner conversion, diner retention, etc.) and guide the related instrumentation
- Communicate results and implications to key business stakeholders
Within 6 months, you will:
- Define and execute on analytics projects aimed at finding the best solution to critical business problems
- Provide strategic data insights to help cross-functional leaders better understand both restaurants and diners
- Effectively communicate learnings and provide recommendations to ensure that the company is on track to meet its goals
You Should Apply If:
- You have 4-5 years of professional experience in analytics, consulting, or similarly quantitative roles
- You are familiar with working on cross-functional teams and communicating with leadership across various departments
- You have experience working with Product/Engineering teams on the implementation and monitoring of analytics tracking
- You are proficient in SQL-based query languages and relational database concepts
- You have an ability to surface insights through advanced data visualization using Mode Analytics or other similar Business Intelligence tools
- You are familiar with Google Apps for Work and/or Microsoft Office
- Programming/statistical analysis experience in Python and/or R is a plus!
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description