At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Data Analyst experienced in pulling actionable insights from large sets of data, measuring business performance, and running research using advanced analytical and experimental approaches. The individual will play a crucial role in supporting both sides of Edmunds Tier 3 business:
- Product: monitoring performance of site traffic and user behavior KPIs, identifying areas of optimization and growth by extracting insights through data analysis, modeling, A/B testing and experimentation.
- Sales: monitoring dealer performance, revenue, penetration and churn; analyzing effectiveness of sales efforts.
In addition, this person will be expected to take ownership of projects to continually improve reporting quality through automation while also working cross-functionally to generate key insights, reports and analytics.
This is a great opportunity for an individual that is interested in playing with the wealth of structured and unstructured data that is available within the car buying ecosystem. Curiosity and business intellect a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and produce forecasts, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc. utilizing our data warehouse and other data source systems and summarize your findings
- Develop, evaluate, refine, and automate analytic models using data to address business needs
- Prepare visualizations of data in order to explain and persuade
- Provide recommendations to key stakeholders and support the business need
- Interact with multiple teams in different departments and define requirements for reporting
- Edmunds is a fast growing and innovative company. Qualified candidate should possess strong project management skills, an ability to multitask and balance competing priorities.
What You Need:
- Strong analytical and data mining skills
- Solid technical skills – SQL & Excel experience required
- Data modeling / statistical analysis / predictive modeling experience is a plus (R, SAS and/or Python)
- Exposure to BI tools such as Tableau or Interana is a plus
- Sound presentation and communication skills (PowerPoint)
- BS/BA - with a focus in a quantitative field (i.e. finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science)
- 2 to 4 years of Data Analyst Experience is desired
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.