Data Analyst, Growth at Grindr
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Data Analyst who will bring their passion for data and help us build products that drive business insight to connect people and experiences, including creating innovative solutions for our users. The Growth team is focused on products and features that engage our 10M+ global users.
In the role, you will be working directly with members of the Growth team, while working closely with other data specialists across the organization, as well as C-suite executives.
The Data Analyst will provide insights into our app, allowing us to understand how our users interact with app features, provide actionable insights that drive engagement, and identify opportunities that lead to paid subscriptions.
- Support the Growth team in understanding the drivers of user engagement by collecting, cleaning, and maintaining data pipelines from numerous sources.
- Create dashboards that will allow the Growth team to visualize data for both scheduled and ad-hoc reporting
- Perform in-depth data analyses to identify user behavior and interpret findings within the subscription and advertising engagement
- Drive insights into company’s subscription products and subscriber behavior, including funnel analysis, user segmentation, user profitability, retention by cohort, and more
- Assist in
- ad-hoc projects targeted at identifying usage trends across the app and determine causation
- Support revenue and lifetime value forecasting of subscribers across different offerings
- Work closely with other internal data teams, along with members from the product, marketing, and engineering teams
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. in economics, decision science, statistics, engineering, applied math, operations research, or a related quantitative field
- At least 2+ years of post-collegiate in a quantitative field in technology, subscription services or mobile company
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Proficient with statistical packages in R, Python, and/or SAS
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Quantitative forecasting experience
- Significant experience with Excel
- Ability to communicate the results of your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited sick policy
Catered daily lunch
Free on-site parking
Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.