Consumer Insights + Research Specialist
The role of the consumer insights + research specialist will help empower a customer-obsessed mindset in the organization, executing qual + quant research (primary and secondary) to deliver key insights for critical business decisions. They will work closely with our partners on the Marketing team, as well as cross-functionally with the Culinary, Digital, Strategy, Operations, People, and Experience Design teams. They will dissect business problems and tackle them objectively through the lens of our customer. The ideal person for this role will be fluent in both art + science - half behavioral scientist, half storyteller.
What you’ll do:
Project Management (30%)
- Be the first point of contact for our team, and the internal project manager, understanding and reporting on the status of projects in the pipeline.
- Field requests from team members and work with Consumer Insights + Research Manager to provide recommendations on methodology, as well as when to recommend against research.
- Maintain repository of consumer insights reports for the organization to access.
Qual + Quant Research Projects (30%)
- Writing and reviewing discussion guides for focus groups, IDIs, tastings, and ethnographies.
- Survey design + programming, including link-testing for grammar + logic jumps and survey distribution via our CCSP.
- Internal surveys for our treehouse and field team members.
- Maintain operations for our monthly tracking projects, including Net Promoter Score and our monthly tracking study to ensure consistency of responses, and ensuring that company and team is keeping on top of key business metrics.
- Work with our Data, People + Customer Experience teams to connect research to broader business metrics, understanding the inputs that influence the outputs of the metrics you track.
Who you are:
- Loves cracking tough problems
- Combines art + science
- Detail-oriented and precise
- Comfortable with recurring deadlines
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment.
- Thrives under pressure in an entrepreneurial team.
- Enjoys opportunities to present + share findings
- Passionate about food and food culture.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative discipline like statistics, mathematics, economics or social science with strong quantitative background.
- 2 - 3 years of experience at a consumer / retail brand, market research agency, or strategy consultancy.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative customer research preferred: designing + running surveys, focus groups / IDIs / ethnographies, A/B testing.
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior business judgement
- Strong project management skills
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.