The Commissions Analyst is primarily responsible for commissions and sales bonuses. The role performs daily tasks to calculate the incremental benefits (bonuses and commissions) earned by the sales and marketing teams. This will require daily communication with the Sales Operations department, an understanding of Employee Compensation Plans, and the necessary accounting knowledge to record the compensation to be paid. This role will be critical as part of monthly and quarterly close procedures, involving the calculation of commission and sales bonus payments, account reconciliations for all related accounts, and coordination with the payroll department.
- Oversee and manage day to day and month-end activities which will primarily include the calculation, reconciliation, and payroll processing of sales commissions and sales bonuses.
- Develop an expertise in the commission and sales bonus system, including all key reporting functions.
- Prepare and manage difficult and complex account reconciliations.
- Ability to synthesize and determine the accounting impact of payments made under ASC 606.
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end end close processes by assuming direct responsibility of assigned tasks, managing requests from external auditors, and communicating clearly with other departments which impact assigned areas.
- Perform accounting tasks in a manner such that the documentation is compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ability to communicate with others effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to perform under deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to be an independent thinker and a problem solver
- Ability to analyze data and present a solution for an accounting issue
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- Familiarity with sales commissions systems is a benefit, notably Exactly/Callidus Cloud, preferred but not required