Business Intelligence System Architect at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We have opportunities for Business Intelligence System Architect in Data & Analytics group to join our growing tech team at Universal's offices and contribute to the development of our innovative approach to finding new and impactful insights to grow UMG's business.
The architect should have experience in architecting, managing and supporting Business Intelligence systems on various OLTP and Data Warehouse databases in on-prem data center, AWS and Google cloud platforms handling multi terabytes of Bigdata.
- Architect and Deploy Enterprise Reporting BI applications with MicroStrategy, SAP Business objects, DOMO and Tableau
- Serve as primary MicroStrategy professional for the full life cycle of the MicroStrategy projects from requirement gathering to roll out
- Architect MicroStrategy Schema Objects for the BI applications including schema/data modelling, dashboards, documents, reports and mobile applications
- Assess and recommend data warehousing strategies including data transformation and load frameworks
- Define data architectures for large scale solutions including integration with existing enterprise systems
- Develop and manage BI application scheduled jobs, supports production job SLA compliance
- Architect and develop real-time ETL processes that integrate data from multiple sources
- Design and build complex queries for multiple databases/data warehouses, principally Google Big Query, AWS RedShift, Aurora, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Develop custom Business intelligence applications using MicroStrategy web SDK
- Design efficient Business Intelligence Dynamic Dashboards for the business users with dynamic prompt answers and multiple data sets in both MicroStrategy Desktop and MicroStrategy Web
- Setting up MicroStrategy very large scale database properties for performance tuning and SQL optimization.
- Create Hierarchies, Attributes, Facts, Custom groups, Consolidations and Relationships between various attributes and develop perfect logical models for reporting environments.
- Develop Intelligent cubes based on the business specifications to increase BI reports performance
- MicroStrategy Administration that includes Intelligence Server Administration, configuration of Memory settings, objects migration and maintain data integrity using integrity manager
- Implement and manage single-sign on to allow seamless login to MicroStrategy and other enterprise applications
- Develop transaction services enabled BI reports in web and mobile
- Configure Narrowcast Server/Distribution Services for delivering reports and dashboards
- Automating regular MicroStrategy maintenance activities using command manager scripts
- Upgrade the existing MicroStrategy platform to newer versions and apply hot fixes in a timely manner
- Develop statistical reports and dashboards to monitor BI applications providing insight on usage patterns and recommend application/system improvements
- User provisioning; create security roles and data security filters to comply with business data security requirements
- Create MicroStrategy narrow cast information objects, Question objects, publication control documents, event-based schedules
- Design Flash enabled Interactive Dashboards, KPIs and scorecards using panels, selectors, widgets and deliver the files using narrow cast server
- Provide BI technical and architectural guidance to projects and teams, ensuring new initiatives enable effective data reporting
- Works closely with and directs the work of technical ETL and Data Engineering teams.
- Directs the work of staff BI developers both onsite and offshore.
- Strong ability to Architect Enterprise reporting applications, complex data models, BigData solutions, scripts, user defined functions, views and triggers for business logic implementation.
- Experience in Google BigData Technologies BigQuery, DataFlow, BigTable, Cloud services and Amazon cloud web services.
- Data architecture experience, with expertise in both OLTP and data warehouse modelling.
- Architect the complete end-end to design of enterprise wide big data reporting solutions.
- Experience in setup, software installation and maintenance of MicroStrategy web servers, Intelligence Servers and Narrowcast servers.
- Experience in Architecture of SAP Business Objects Universes and Administration activities.
- MicroStrategy and all of its components including Command Manager, Software Developer Kit, and MicroStrategy cube advisor, integrity manager, MicroStrategy Mobile and Architect.
- Databases: Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Aurora, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- BI Tools: Microstrategy, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, DOMO
- ETL Tools: Snaplogic, Informatica, SSIS, Google Data flow
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008/2012, Linux.
- Languages: SQL/PLSQL, HIVE, Java, Python.
- Scripting: Shell Scripting, VB Script and Java Scripting.
- 12 -15 Years of hands on experience in MicroStrategy and Business Intelligence systems.
- Knowledge of Music Publishing business and information flow across artists, labels and distribution partners
- Experience in Google Big Data technologies Google BigQuery, BigTable and Data Flow.
- Experience in full-phase ETL implementation using technologies such as DataFlow, Informatica, Snaplogic, SSIS
- Experience in SAP Business objects universe architecture, Lumira, Crystal Reports, WebI and CMC
- Experience in Tableau Schema architecture and Administration
- Architect and develop end to end scalable analytical MicroStrategy projects.
- Experience in Amazon Redshift and Web Services
- Certified in MicroStrategy Architecture, Administration and Development
- Well versed in Star/ Snowflake/ Dimensional data modelling, Data Warehouse and reporting techniques for data analysis and optimum performance in database environments
- Experience in implementing MicroStrategy Data and object security model, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, Integrity Manager and System manger components
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering or related field preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.