Business Intelligence Engineer at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Revenue Operations Business Intelligence Engineer to lead analytics projects from discovery and data validation to modeling, visualization, and insight. In this role, you’ll use your multitasking and collaboration skills to solve complex problems with company-wide impact. Procore is building a best in class enterprise SaaS ecosystem, and your work will help drive efficiency and strategic decision-making across the organization.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Revenue Operations and analytics groups to define and quantify metrics that enable tracking of goals for our app’s adoption, usage, and users
- Develop and maintain tables and data models in SQL, abstracting multiple sources and historical data across varied schemas to a format suitable for further analysis
- Own the end to end BI pipeline for Revenue Operations Analytics
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs
- Design databases, data models, data marts, and data warehouses.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary
- Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system
- Maintain a high level of trust in our reporting datasets: Keep existing data sources fresh against changing requirements, definitions and data quality issues, and continuously improve the processes for developing new ones raising the level of quality expected from our work.
- Improve reliability and performance: Conduct unit, integration, and system tests on our data sources in order to validate data against source systems, and continuously optimize performance in order to improve query speed and reduce cost.
- Improve search, discovery and literacy: Create exploration and visualization interfaces in our BI tools and evangelize the adoption of these sources across the company through education and training programs.
- Maintain a culture of high-quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate with your team and beyond, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond to unexpected obstacles and reallocate time as necessary.
What we're looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similar role.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and ETL/ELT in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Familiarity with version control (Git / Github)
- Experience with data analysis tools such as SAS, R, Python, Spark is a plus
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build data models and BI applications according to specifications.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience with best practices for development including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation.
- A detail-oriented mindset and a dedication to providing high-quality output.
- Comfortable giving definition to ambiguous problems and working with massive volumes of unstructured data.
- Superior organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload and roadmaps.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.