Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Architect
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Who we are…
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, based in Santa Monica, CA. We are the parent company of two digital subscription services: Hallmark Movies Now (SVOD service) and Hallmark eCards (digital social expression service). We're leveraging Hallmark's experience creating meaningful, emotional connections while rapidly progressing a century old, privately-owned, American brand to the forefront of the digital age with cutting-edge technology. What we need…
At Hallmark Labs, as a BI Data Warehouse Architect, you will have hands-on responsibility for building infrastructure to extract data from diverse data sets and technologies into the data warehouse as well as working with the BI developers to provide rich data visualization, reporting and data mining capabilities. You are passionate about data and not only enjoy data schema design, but are comfortable with various DB tools and types of databases. You know that good data and well designed and maintained databases are critical to any business.The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Create transactional and multidimensional data models, perform ETLs and validate results with business representatives
- Integrate and automate data load of new data sources (internal and external)
- Support implemented BI solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance, troubleshoot database issues and communicate functional and technical issues
- Work within an Agile environment to plan and deliver incremental DW projects in defined sprints
- Build strong partnerships with software developers, data engineers and product managers.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years professional work experience
- 8+ years of experience building large scale BI and Data Warehouse systems
- 8+ years of SQL experience
- 4+ years of data modeling experience
- 4+ years of performance tuning
- 4+ years Data Warehousing experience with AWS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Familiarity with microservice data schema design
- eCommerce experience
- Experience with web analytics and an understanding of its role in overall data analytics.
- Experience implementing Data Governance Solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; you like getting your hands dirty
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Energetic and passionate and someone who loves data
LIVE WELL:Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
REFUEL:Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.