Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
- Work with business users directly to gather requirements, develop solutions, and provide insights using business intelligence platforms like Tableau and Google Analytics.
- Design, build and maintain Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics implementations to ensure accurate business and data analysis.
- Build and manage existing business intelligence platforms and monitor key metrics.
- Work with large, complex databases, data warehouses, and data lakes.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and follow Agile methodologies.
- Create unit and stress test scripts/modules.
- Write well-abstracted, reusable, and efficient code for moving data through different layers of the data lake.
- Experience in Web and Product analytics tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc.
- Experience with and understanding of event data collection tools like Snowplow Insights, Segment, Google Tag Manager, mParticle, Tealium, etc.
- Strong scripting, programming, and SQL skills, preferably using Python, Ruby, and ANSI SQL.
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Chartio, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience in ETL related technologies and tools like Databricks, Pentaho, Airflow, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in backend software development.
- Experience with AWS services like Redshift, Athena, Glue, etc.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis using tools such as R.
- Experience working with large data sets (billions of records).
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.