Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Pluto TV is seeking a BI Manager, Consumer Analytics who is analytically driven, with strong technical and business knowledge in consumer, media, and financial analysis and reporting. The ideal candidate will be a practice lead, supporting our user analytics and business decision making using data to create models, drive insights and track performance on our growing business. This individual will focus on consumer behavior, channel optimization, churn analysis, risk assessment, and acquisition analytics. The Business Intelligence Manager will act as an analytics partner to key stakeholders within the Content, Finance, Marketing and Distribution teams and be a key member of the Pluto TV Business Intelligence department.
- Manage and analyze data to understand consumer behavior; develop and implement tools to strategically evaluate consumer segments, and identify actionable insights to drive optimal ROI; and develop and track monthly and quarterly targets
- Manage a team of 1-2 analysts to deliver data driven insights to answer the business questions, challenges and opportunities at Pluto TV through timely and effective, executive-ready data-storytelling
- Design, deliver and automate monthly and quarterly custom reporting and build ad hoc data visualizations using Tableau
- Identify business drivers, opportunities and general performance, and present analyses and findings to stakeholders
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to refine key performance indicators, set targets, measure/monitor performance, and provide insights and analyses
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time issues
- Identify and collect data necessary to forecast the impact of changes to user behavior and monetization
- Collaborate with our content acquisition team to further understand the impact of content and programming changes on user behavior
- Ideate, develop requirements and create prototypes to inform platform forecasting processes
- Aggregate content/brand marketing inputs into cohesive reporting to model the impact of spend initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with other Business Intelligence team members to support the delivery of high quality analytics and keep up to date on changes in our data infrastructure
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in a Business Intelligence / Data Scientist / Consultant role in a high growth business or segment
- Experience with finance operations and reporting processes
- Strong experience with SQL and writing/optimizing complex queries
- Effective communicator of technical and statistical concepts in an easy-to-understand manner from entry level to executive
- Working knowledge of online ad systems (Freewheel, Google Marketing Platform, etc.) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Tableau or similar BI and data visualization tools
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards and practices in business intelligence/analytics is plus
- Experience working with large datasets
- Strong written documentation and presentation skills, using the Microsoft Office suite or Google tools
- Ability to think critically and provide accurate work
- Detailed knowledge of media, online advertising, and ad sales processes is a plus
- Experience working at a fast paced, data driven business
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, supporting standard methodologies, and mentoring other analysts
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.