Business Intelligence Analyst at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Global BI team works closely with a broad range of teams including Client Services / Product / Engineering / Finance / Marketing to provide business intelligence reporting, address complex questions and help identify key metrics to drive data-driven decision making. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about new technology, has not only the existing technical skills to be successful but also the acumen to learn even more; you’ll never run out of things to learn here! You’re comfortable being a mediator between business and technology teams, helping both reach solutions on high-priority technical issues. There is plenty of room for advancement in this role within the department or otherwise within our company that is a meritocracy.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will report to the Business Intelligence Regional Lead and own BI service delivery and special projects from start to completion. Ultimately, your technical expertise and understanding of operating KPIs will help our Senior Management team identify key growth opportunities.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- You will manage and resolve ad hoc Business Intelligence requests, developing new tools to automate repetitive tasks
- You will use predictive modeling techniques to drive business growth and generate accurate revenue forecasts
- You will support the business with time-critical data analysis and improve business operations by using cutting edge operational research and modelling methods
- You will maintain the integrity of company data and put checks in place to ensure accuracy
- You will apply a broad range of analytical techniques to identify business critical trends and insights by exploiting big data
- You will create dashboards and reports to allow teams to easily explore data pertinent to their ongoing operations
- You will serve as a subject matter expert for data analysis methods and tools, as well as data visualisation best practices
- A quantitatively focused education (minimum BSc in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science etc.) with 7+ years professional experience in Business Intelligence, Business / Data Analyst roles
- You’re a SQL pro and have a deep hands-on expertise with relational databases and data warehouse methodologies
- You have experience with multiple programming languages (Python, R etc.)
- You have experience with big data technologies (Qubole, Spark, HIVE, Hadoop etc.)
- You have a solid understanding of statistical techniques, strong problem-solving skills as well as the ability to drive actionable insights from massive data sets
- You can design clean and intuitive dashboards in Tableau and have outstanding Excel skills
- You are comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment with teams spread across the globe
- You have experience in a customer / client facing role working directly with business stakeholders
- You have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- You can prioritise and meet deadlines
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. #LI-TP1