At GoGuardian, we’re helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we’re committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian’s growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it — always ready to experiment and learn.
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
Join us in our mission to provide students with a safe and stimulating learning experience. At GoGuardian you’ll get to work with friendly and motivated people to solve challenging problems in a great environment. We pride ourselves on bringing the very best talent to empower educators and keep millions of students safe online. You’ll be joining a talented science and analytics team at a well-established educational technology company.
GoGuardian is looking for a motivated Business Intelligence Analyst I to help track, analyze, advise, and constantly improve the performance of our business, specifically within our marketing and sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to transform an entire company by working closely with business decision-makers. We need candidates experienced in retrieving data from a variety of sources, building visualizations, and working with department leads to drive improvement through data.
What You’ll Do
- Provide meaningful analysis of our marketing efforts that allow our Sr. BI Analysts and VP of marketing to continuously improve the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- Alert marketing and sales decision-makers to changes in business performance, investigate, and attempt to explain these changes quantitatively.
- Build and manage data analytics products (reports, dashboards, etc.) to monitor business performance and make data-informed decisions.
- Provide written and verbal summaries, conclusions, and recommendations regarding business performance.
- Implement reproducible research principles when building data products.
- Work with the data engineering team to prioritize data needs, identify data quality issues, assist in data modeling, and monitoring of nightly BI-related jobs.
- Help ensure department software tools are being used in a manner that results in reliable data collection.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2+ years experience analyzing data from multiple sources
- Experience working alongside senior stakeholders in sales and marketing
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient SQL skills
- Experience in Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, or another modern dashboarding tool
- A desire to proactively help departments think scientifically and act based upon sound data
- Be proactive, detail-oriented, and demonstrate the ability to handle ambiguous projects with incomplete requirements
- Good understanding of ETL and Data Modeling practices for building scalable reporting solutions
- Experience in Python, R, command-line is a plus, but not required
- Experience in Salesforce, Hubspot, and Google Analytics is a plus, but not required
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.