Business Data Analyst
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Business Data Analyst who will bring their passion for data and help us build products that drive business insight to connect people and experiences, including creating innovative solutions for our users.
In the role, you will have the opportunity to be one of the founding members of the Finance data team, while working closely with other data specialists across the organization, as well as C-suite executives.
The Business Data Analyst will provide insights into our app, allowing us to understand how our users interact with app features, provide actionable insights that drive engagement, and identify opportunities that lead to paid subscriptions.
- Support the Finance team in understanding the drivers of each of Grindr’s businesses by collecting, cleaning, and maintaining data pipelines from numerous sources.
- Create dashboards that will allow the Finance team to visualize financial information, as well as key operational metrics, currently housed in our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and other third-party data providers.
- Perform in-depth data analyses to identify user behavior and interpret findings within the subscription and advertising businesses.
- Drive insights into company’s subscription products and subscriber behavior, including funnel analyses, user segmentation, user profitability, retention by cohort, and more.
- Assist in analytical ad-hoc projects targeted at identifying usage trends across the app and determine causation.
- Support revenue and lifetime value forecasting of subscribers across different offerings.
- Work closely with the subscriptions and advertising data teams, product, marketing, and engineering.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. in economics, decision science, statistics, engineering, applied math, operations research, or a related quantitative field
- At least 2+ years of post-collegiate in a quantitative field in finance, subscription services or mobile company
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Proficient with statistical packages in R, Python, and/or SAS
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Quantitative forecasting experience
- Significant experience with Excel
- Ability to communicate the results of your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- Mandarin language proficiency a plus.
Benefits & Perks
100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited sick policy
Catered daily lunch
Free on-site parking
Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.