Core Digital Media (CDM) seeks a Business Analyst to join our Analytics Team. This position will focus on managing and optimizing opportunities within our diverse portfolio of marketing sources - with particular emphasis on the Facebook, Search and Programmatic channels - by balancing the dual objectives of maximizing profit and delivering high-quality leads to clients across several product verticals.
The Business Analyst will advance our optimization mechanics through application of automation and analytical approaches where applicable, while maintaining focus on daily business trends. Specific tasks in support of this objective include monitoring and identifying opportunities for improving performance on each of our major marketing channels; understanding EDW data models and processes; analyzing quality metrics; performing a wide range of formal and ad-hoc analytics; and identifying, presenting and implementing ideas for optimization approaches and automation. The role is cross-functional and requires good business acumen, solid communication and teamwork skills, efficiency, proactive orientation, strategic outlook and comfort coordinating work across teams and being held accountable for performance.
- Perform analyses to generate actionable insights and recommendations for the Facebook, Search and Programmatic teams
- Access data contained within EDW in the most efficient ways, including compiling and processing large amounts of data (Microstrategy, Excel, SQL, R, Tableau)
- Introduce optimization approaches and automation for individual marketing channels and the overall portfolio, through graphical / visualization capabilities
- Strong team player and communicator - able to remain productive and focused in a team-oriented, fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment
- General business understanding and experience with portfolio allocation / optimization techniques
- Natural curiosity and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- Degree(s) in Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics and/or similar analytical fields
- 2-4 years’ experience in online marketing, web analytics and customer segmentation is desirable
- Familiarity with Microstrategy (or similar) as a reporting tool is desirable