Business Analyst - Operational Reporting and Analysis at Viant
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:28 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace. This creates a very exciting workplace that allows our employees to continuously expand their knowledge in all facets of digital marketing, while becoming industry thought leaders.
The Business Analyst, Operational Reporting & Analysis is responsible for applying business and technical expertise to design, implement and support Viant’s finance operational and Business Intelligence (BI) application systems. The individual will work very closely with all levels of BI application users, finance systems team members with functional and technical backgrounds. The Viant systems team currently owns these systems: Salesforce (Sales Performance Management, Sales Forecasting); Google BigQuery (BI Analytics and Datawarehouse); proprietary systems such as Goliath (manage and export data objects from GBQ) and Magnus (schedule tasks via workflows from GBQ), and Sage database (Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting).
- Support the design, development and implementation of business intelligence applications
- Support BI data strategy and related projects, partnering closely with Accounting & Finance, Operations, and Product/Tech
- Create SQL statements, functions and procedures to support application development, financial reporting and monitoring
- Build solution systems based on provided functional requirements
- Create and maintain system administration and process documentation
- Play a key role in projects and other ad-hoc initiatives as needed by management
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards while ensuring system designs meet quality standards
- Keen attention to detail with ability to identify, explain and troubleshoot data discrepancies
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experiences implementing and delivering solutions on various finance or business system platforms
- Professional SQL experience with ability to create and optimize queries
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Hands-on BI/Data warehouse development experiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.