Business Analyst, Customer Experience
Tala is looking for an inquisitive, self-directed Business Analyst to manage data integrity, analysis, and metrics for our global Customer Experience team. Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data, and a customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 2+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
The Business Analyst will work within the Global Customer Experience department, reporting to the Manager of Customer Experience. You’ll work closely with a distributed operations team to understand and control our customer data flows, leveraging these datasets to create insightful, objective analyses that drive actionable staffing, process, and technology recommendations. Successful candidates will have a strong quantitative and analytical background; experience investigating unstructured problems and complex datasets; and a history of creating dynamic, management-level reporting and data visualizations. This role will work closely with Data Analytics, Credit, and Data Science to link and leverage additional application and customer datasets. Finally, you’ll train, guide, and develop best practices for in-country Customer Experience analysts.
- Evaluate current data sources/systems/quality and make recommendations (maintain, adjust, migrate, replace)
- Create globally consistent, accurate, dynamic manager-level dashboards for key Collections & Customer Service metrics
- Identify anomalous performance, research root cause and propose solutions to optimize team performance
- Assist leadership team in establishing team- and individual-level targets using historical, market, and partner team data
- Primary liaison between CX department and Data Analytics
- Develop roadmap for CX data/reporting projects
- Analyze and present recommendations/process changes/new initiatives to management using insights derived from operational data
- BA/BS in quantitative field (statistics, economics, mathematics, data science, etc.)
- 3+ years in a data-intensive/quantitative role
- Strong demonstrated analytical/business reporting experience (Excel, SQL, other biz. reporting tools)
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation skills, especially with non-technical audiences
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with at least one programming language (ex. Python)
- Experience using GitHub, JIRA
- Experience working in financial services/lending
- Experience working with an international, distributed team
- Knowledge of call center, customer support, or collections metrics
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.