BSA/AML Compliance Analyst at Aspiration
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:19 a.m. (PST) on Monday, March 8, 2021
Aspiration is the first VC-backed neobank on a mission to be the leading consumer financial services brand and company focused on sustainability and the environment. At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $200M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
This position is open to remote candidates.
What You'll Do
- Perform periodic high-risk reviews and suspicious activity reviews. Document research and investigation findings thoroughly and prepare Suspicious Activity Reports to be filed with FinCEN as necessary
- Process alerts generated through Aspiration’s third-party transaction monitoring system
- Assist with the development, implementation, and audit of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Assist internal business units with risk assessments of activities related to BSA/AML and OFAC.
- Conduct 314(a) and OFAC related searches and perform investigations to determine if an entity is a true match or false positive. When a true match is found, follow through with reporting/escalation steps
- Keep abreast of any BSA/AML/OFAC related legal or regulatory developments impacting Aspiration’s products and services
- Maintain processes for daily monitoring of alerts, reviewing potential OFAC matches, and other BSA/AML related tasks
- Assist with ad-hoc legal, operational, compliance, and regulatory projects
- Monitor and report BSA/AML/OFAC related statistics to leadership and escalate any trends, concerns, or upcoming regulatory or legal changes that may affect the business
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of experience in BSA/AML compliance or fraud mitigation roles
- In-depth experience in banking compliance, operations, and working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations including the USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC regulations, and the Bank Secrecy Act
- Experience with the monitoring and surveillance of banking accounts and transactions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- CAMS or CFE certifications (or similar) preferred, but not required. Should be willing to obtain within six months of hire.
- Willingness to learn and to be trained
- Capable of being a team player who can aid and facilitate other compliance and legal needs
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Self-starter. Able to work with little direction
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description