If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we’re united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The individual is responsible for determining the design characteristics and information management strategies necessary to store, move and manage data within the business intelligence/Big data ecosystem.
This individual is responsible for designing and delivering a ‘target state’ which supports data security requirements, the business information needs and an emerging IT infrastructure (i.e. Big Data technologies).
- Determining overall standards, guidelines, best practices and approaches to data movement.
- Overseeing the creation of physical and logical data models within the BI/DW environment.
- Developing the execution plan to implement the data management strategy.
- Establish and manage the metadata management approach for the enterprise.
- Oversee the data administration (modeling, integration, security, metadata management and end-user query optimization).
- Support the maturity and adoption of the information management program across the enterprise.
- Participate in selection of new hardware and software to support the information management program.
- Define, standardize, design, architect and consult in building of data systems for operational, analytical, business intelligence, and data warehousing, both structured and unstructured data.
- Brainstorm, research and evaluate tools and technologies to develop strategies and provide recommendations on a future state architecture.
- Develop a plan to reduce technical debt
- Current state architecture documentation
- Responsible for creating data models for entities and their relationships and for maintaining the logical & physical data models and the corresponding data dictionary and glossary.
- Build a technology roadmap to transform the current state into the future state and present it to the upper management
- Create process and data flows models for new, existing and changing business & technical processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- 6+ years’ experience in the Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse environment within a large enterprise, Insurance industry experience preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience working in a data integration or data administration role.
- 4+ years of development experience using SQL Server, Teradata and/or IBM DB2. Individual must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the following areas is required: SQL, Microsoft Office suite, data integration tools (i.e. Informatica),
- Visualization tools (i.e. Tableau or Business Objects) and ERWin.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technicians and business community is a requirement.
- Ideal candidate will be energetic, possess a ‘can-do’ attitude, enjoy working in a team environment and have the desire to shape the future.
Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
* Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
* Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
* Life Insurance
* Disability Coverage
* 401k Savings Plan
* Employee Discounts
* Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
‘Creating members for life by exceeding our members’ expectations through valuable products and legendary service.’
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.