BI Engineer at Fandango
- Work with business owners and data architects to define and develop reports that meet quality and performance requirements.
- Gather data insights related to user behavior, product usage, audience segmentation, social media, quality of services, and media consumption to drive business decisions.
- Working with predictive analysts and data scientists, build scalable prototypes of machine learning algorithms, build production quality codes, manage and maintain the code base.
- Work with product management and internal stakeholders to help dictate the requirements and technical design of Fandango data services and related intelligence tools.
- Educate and train business owners on BI reports.
- Develop, maintain, update and support reports and their underlying datasets based on feedback and business changes.
- Develop and drive the adoption of self-service BI tools and solutions. See opportunities to innovate and lead the way.
- Develop BI applications including transactional systems, mobile application development of BI products/services including Android, iOS, and/or cross platform.
- Contribute to every phase of the BI product development life cycle (design, development, testing, iteration, deployment).
- Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3 years of experience in the Business Intelligence realm, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, software development, techniques, and technologies OR Master’s Degree and minimum 1 year of experience
• Proven track record working on distributed, scalable, service-oriented platforms. Proven ability to deliver high quality, production ready code.
• Expert understanding of the agile software development life cycle.
• A strong understanding of Data warehousing concepts.
• Excellent knowledge and expertise with SQL and Relational & Multi-dimensional Databases.
• Experience with BI reporting tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, SSRS, etc.).
• Experience with distributed data architectures and their eco-systems (Hadoop/EMR, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.).
• Familiarity with at least one development language (Python, Scala, Java).
• Experience in data mining and developing ETL processes with large-scale, complex datasets.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Redshift in an enterprise environment.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (during crunch times!) per day including occasional weekends and holidays.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through https://www.fandango.com/careers to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Willingness to dig into technical concepts/details related to the data platform.
• Proactive to improving reporting, analysis, and BI development processes.
• AWS certifications
• Naturally inquisitive and self-learner
• A team player
• Stay on top of the latest innovations in data and BI technologies