Associate Director, Data Technology
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Associate Director, Marketing Sciences - Data Technology plays a key role in providing day-to-day management, analytic support, and thought leadership for our clients. You will maintain a strong relationship with the day-to-day client contacts and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
You will work within a team environment and will be challenged to make contributions in all project phases: Determination of Business Objectives, Data Architecting, Data Acquisition, Data Processing, Database Management, Analytics, Insight Generation and Presentation Creation and Delivery.
- Lead a team of 2-3 developers to provide data technology project support to our clients
- Design and build data applications
- Write code to select, update, insert, delete and extract data from SQL. Perform joins and conditional logic; optimize queries to improve performance; design, develop and maintain stored procedures and triggers.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with internal and external clients
- Manipulate raw data to produce structured data sets for analysis
- Successfully translates business requirements to technical specifications.
- Consult with SMEs and Business Analysts to design and implement Business Rules for data processing.
- Construct user friendly visualizations and dashboards using 3rd party tools such as Tableau or similar.
- Troubleshoot problems through testing and bug fixing. Constructs reliable processes for error/exception handling, error management, and error notification. Ensures quality for their assigned projects.
- Thoroughly and accurately documents business rules and programming code.
- Understand the capabilities of key technologies (data modeling, data integration, BI analytics, visualization) and quickly assesses the applicability of commercial off the shelf technologies.
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Actively participate in cross-divisional client business issues/initiatives
- Assist in new business acquisition
YOUR SYSTEMS & TOOLS EXPERIENCE:
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- SQL, SAS, R, Python
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-10 years of development experience. Strong knowledge in multiple programming languages including C# or VB.
- 3+ years of API and Web Services development and troubleshooting experience.
- Proficient on Business Intelligence and Visualization solutions such as Tableau and Datorama
- Proficient with SOAP, OAuth, OAuth2, JSON and XML.
- Strong knowledgeable in scripting languages such as SQL and Python.
- Experience developing RESTful services, developing with Maven, Jenkins and GIT.
- Experience developing multi-threaded and high volume applications.
- Proficient in using code analysis and profiling tools, and deploying to Django.
- Strong experience working in Microsoft SQL 2012 Data Warehousing/Datamart environments.
- Exposure to "Big Data" environments, cloud computing, and toolsets such as Hadoop HDFS, KNIME, Redshift, etc. a plus
- Excellent written communications skills and presentation skills
- Experience leading a team focusing on training and mentorship
- Ability to adapt to new software, technologies, and methodologies
- Experience working with Media and Advertising industry data sets a plus.
At Mindshare, we believe in speed, teamwork and provocation. Mindshare USA empowers people to challenge the status quo, through what we call Provocation with Purpose. We'll encourage you to break the rules, knock things down, rebuild them better, and push the boundaries of what's possible. It takes a team of people who invest in other's success, and together we make Mindshare the place where we do the best work of our career. We're a team that is radically honest – we call this our Authenticity Quotient. We are curious and competitive – that's our Passion Quotient. We embrace teamwork and adaptability – that's our Emotional Quotient. We're proud to be unmistakably #TeamMindshare.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/335529.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the greater work we can create together.