Associate Business Systems Analyst
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Do you often wonder how something works or consistently look for a better, more efficient way to do something? Then we’ve got the job for you! The Associate Business Systems Analyst will work with a cross-functional team responsible for the product ownership of critical platforms in Edmunds dealer ecosystem. As the Associate Business Systems Analyst, you will be relied on as a trusted subject-matter expert on applications such as Salesforce and will assist users with troubleshooting issues, training, and other ad hoc requests. You will use your adept problem-solving and communication skills to facilitate business requirements gathering sessions with a diverse group of stakeholders. In this role, you will also collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to design and deliver technology solutions that operationalize new product innovations and features. The ideal candidate will bring an inquisitive, analytical mindset required to effectively evaluate Edmunds business processes and systems, and proactively identify optimization opportunities that enable Edmunds to scale.
This is a unique opportunity to get a crash course in learning the ins and outs of operating a business andproduct development. If you are a detail-oriented natural leader with a curiosity to learn and thrive in a fastpaced entrepreneurial environment, this is the role for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Triage and review all incoming user requests, answer user questions and troubleshoot issues
- Write application stories for bugs, system changes, and feature enhancements, providing developers with clear and thorough business requirements
- Prioritize and escalate issues to the appropriate teams, identifying the right level of urgency and business impact
- Perform rigorous QA of development stories, ensuring the user experience and data integrity are always kept at top-of-mind
- Facilitate user demos and training sessions to provide business stakeholders with a clear understanding of the impact of any upcoming releases and system changes
- Become a subject matter expert for Edmunds operational processes and help identify opportunities for optimization and automation
- Assist the admin team with user management, data audits/uploads, and reporting
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement meaningful changes in Edmunds Tier 3 businessapplications, with a focus on automating manual processes, improving internal and externalcustomer satisfaction and driving efficiency across the organization
- This role is both business and developer facing. You must be comfortable communicating with allparties, translating technical concepts into easily understandable language for non-technicalstakeholders, and vice versa.
- Understand the difference between a symptom and the underlying problem, and interpret impact and reason behind a user’s issue, bug or request.
- Prioritize your work: This role is fast-paced, with a high volume of projects and inquiries. You must be able to balance the priorities of the business, and quickly adapt if strategies shift.
- Be a team player. Communication is the key to success in this role.
What You Need:
- BA or BS Degree
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills conducive to collaborating and working within cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to think critically and bring a solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.