Applied Scientist - Text-To-Speech (TTS) at Veritone (Remote)
We are driven by the belief that Artificial Intelligence is mankind’s greatest invention. At Veritone, the mission is simple and ambitious: to democratize artificial intelligence and build a safer, more vibrant, transparent, and empowered society. We are determined to be an active contributor to shaping our future for the better. We care about the ethical implications of AI and the prosperity and well-being of all individuals, as well as the growth and continued successes of our employees, customers, and partners.
Veritone’s purpose is more important than ever: we’re here to enable every organization and every person with the power of AI. We’re the creator of aiWARE, a hyper-expansive Enterprise AI platform and the world’s first AI operating system, which orchestrates a diverse ecosystem of cognitive engines to power intelligent automation so we can solve some of the biggest challenges in the world in the energy; government, legal, and compliance; and media industries to help them accelerate workflows, save time and costs, and uncover new insights and opportunities.WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research, implement, integrate, evaluate and monitor state-of-the-art Text-To-Speech (TTS) models and related voice technologies.
- Improve processes and tooling for cleaning, processing and assessing training data.
- Work with engineering- and product teams to improve voice building workflows.
- Implement and maintain features of the speech synthesis engine, including language processing.
- Assess the state of the art in research and help innovate, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Collaborate with various teams on new product features and improvements of existing products.
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree or PhD in a related field, e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Deep learning skills, especially sequence and generative models (Attention, Transformers, GANs, Diffusion etc.).
- Research or industry experience with speech technology, preferably TTS but also ASR, Voice Conversion, Speaker Diarization etc.
- Experienced with Python and PyTorch.
- NLP and language processing skills.
- Published relevant articles (e.g. Interspeech, ICASSP, Speech Communication, NeurIPS, CVPR).
- Software Development experience in other languages such as C++, C, Go, Rust, Kotlin, Julia.
- AWS and Docker knowledge (working with EC2, S3, CloudWatch, deploying Containers, writing Dockerfiles).
- A competitive compensation package
- Equity Grant(s)
- Employe Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Remote first + Hybrid workplace
- VERI Communities (Affinity Groups) & Belonging
- Empowerment to build your career journey at Veritone
- Flexible (Paid) Time Off
- Benefits Program: medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, and more!
- Mental health awareness and support
- An opportunity to be a part of the next big thing in artificial intelligence!
- Loves learning & continuous growth; stays current on marketing trends
- Can juggle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with a positive attitude
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment
- Collaborative and always contributing value
- Driven to win as a team
- Remote first workplace
- Check us out!
Veritone is a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) technology and solutions. The company's proprietary operating system, aiWARE, orchestrates an expanding ecosystem of machine learning models to transform audio, video and other data sources into actionable intelligence. We love to continuously grow while staying ahead of trends and creating structure in an unstructured world.
If you’ve made it this far and align with our goals, we look forward to reviewing your qualifications!DISCLOSURE
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
(Colorado & California Only*): Minimum annual salary of $140,000.00. This base pay is for illustrative purposes only and will be determined based on skills and experience comparable to the job requirements. This position may be eligible for additional compensation and benefits including but not limited to: incentive compensation; health benefits; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off; parental leave and benefits; and other employee perks and benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.