We're the only real-time, programmatic technology platform built for vertical search and metasearch media. MediaAlpha’s technology transparently connects buyers and sellers to create efficient, programmatic marketplaces for performance media targeting consumers at the point of purchase across leading brands, metasearch, and comparison sites. The technology powers over 750 million high-value transactions annually, representing more than $600 million in annual media spend across the insurance, travel, personal finance, education, and home service verticals.
The MediaAlpha team is composed of talented and conscientious individuals who share a passion for doing great work and a pioneering spirit to identify new solutions that continually keep our company and our partners one step ahead. We have offices in Los Angeles, CA, Redmond, WA, Tampa, FL, London, UK and Taipei, Taiwan.
We are looking for a Manager of Analytics on the Business Analytics Team who will provide analytical support to the sales, marketing, and business development departments. This role will manage priorities and lead initiatives for the analytics team that tie into the company’s strategic goals. Core responsibilities include managing advertiser performance and optimizations, preparing, interpreting, and streamlining reporting, and creating and reviewing key performance indicators (KPIs) to provide strategic guidance across various business units.
- Establish, implement, and iterate on advertiser campaign optimization best practices
- Be a trusted expert across our business units to find opportunities to maximize network health and efficiency
- Be an expert on the MediaAlpha platform’s tools and capabilities.
- Help clients build, execute, and optimize campaigns and measure results.
- Provide consultative and strategic guidance for internal teams and clients.
- Build templates, tools, and dashboards to improve team efficiency and efficacy of analysis and optimizations.
- Strong analytical ability and experience synthesizing large and disparate data sets.
- Capacity to think critically and creatively, find problems, and propose solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who takes initiative on all projects and strives to build and improve upon existing processes
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and working with tech/engineering teams
- Proven track record of training and mentoring analysts
- Strong Excel proficiency (pivot tables, vlookups, data manipulation)
- Experience applying statistical techniques to real world business problems (designing tests/experiments and evaluating results)
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience leveraging programming skills (Python, R, etc.) to build dashboards, automate reporting, build predictive models, and apply data analysis techniques at scale on huge datasets
- 4+ years of work experience in analytical role.
- B.S. or B.A. required, preferably in a quantitative discipline (e.g., economics, business, finance, math, engineering, statistics).
- Experience with search, display, performance, and/or direct marketing a plus.
- Highly competitive salary and bonus program participation.
- High-quality health and dental care plans with no employee contributions and zero deductibles (in-network). Flexible spending account.
- Unlimited PTO.
- 401K company contribution program (after 90 days).
- Professional training and education reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks (e.g., mobile phone program, gym membership).