We are an AI start-up that is building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
The Company will provide B2C and B2B solutions, targeting leading companies in the mobility sector.
- Investment: Metropolis completed its seed financing round of $20 million in early 2019 and is anticipated to complete a substantial round of funding within the year. Investors in the seed round include world class investors like Slow Ventures, Zigg Capital and prominent private investors in early-stage companies.
- Market Size: $500 billion
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary.
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with complementary backgrounds, including a successful tech company founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, engineering talent from Bird, Factual, Canoo, Palantir, HauteLook, Rubicon Project, Fandango, and Honey, senior operations leaders from Uber and Getaround and senior professionals from global asset management firms.The Opportunity
If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, the Company provides the opportunity to join at an early stage. After successfully closing one of the highest seed financing rounds in the LA startup ecosystem, the Company is focused on building the technology and the team, to become one of the sector’s highest profile companies. Along the way, you will also partner closely with some of the tech sector’s most influential and successful investors, building a portfolio of intersecting business verticals in technology, real estate and mobility services.Position Overview and Responsibilities
The company is seeking a highly motivated Analytics Engineer to join the data team to lead and scale data, reporting, and modeling. This role will report to the Director of Analytics. You will partner closely with our product and operations stakeholders to define, measure and visualize metrics, scale access to data and build analytics tools. You will work with business users to make sure we’re set up to report on all the success metrics and build reports that would help them evaluate business decisions. You will help create and maintain the various executive and operational dashboards that would highlight the leading indicators of the success of our business. As a senior member of this team, you will lead the technical implementation of our reporting systems, figuring out how best to scale reporting to both internal and external customers in a secure and performant fashion. We are on a mission to empower internal users to make data-backed business decisions quickly and intuitively, and to wow our external partners with business analytics that are second to none.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.Key Responsibilities
- As an Analytics Engineer you will be involved in the product development life cycle from brainstorming ideas to designing quality interactive data visualizations that deal with data complexity with elegance
- Define novel and critical metrics for the business, and build and maintain data aggregates to power these metrics
- Rapidly design, construct, and iterate on dashboards and other visualizations to inform decision making within operations and product
- Effortlessly manipulate large amounts of noisy data to answer new questions for the team and the business
- Build and maintain existing data solutions to service a wide variety of use cases
- Promote strategies to improve our data modeling, quality and architecture
- Work with teams to automate reporting and build a strong reporting architecture
- Partner with data engineering to improve data reporting performance
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in architecture, design or development of enterprise data solutions, applications, and integrations
- Ability to lead projects and work independently once given direction
- Extensive experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL
- Experience with Python or Scala a plus
- Extensive Tableau experience is required, including viz development, complex dashboard actions, and optimizations
- Not afraid of command line interfaces
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
- Ability to work directly with executives, engineers and analysts when it comes to defining metrics, crafting solutions and providing insights