Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The company is seeking a highly motivated Analytics Engineer to join the data team to lead and scale data, reporting, and modeling. This role will report to the Director of Analytics. You will partner closely with our product and operations stakeholders to define, measure and visualize metrics, scale access to data and build analytics tools. You will work with business users to make sure we’re set up to report on all the success metrics and build reports that would help them evaluate business decisions. You will help create and maintain the various executive and operational dashboards that would highlight the leading indicators of the success of our business. We are on a mission to empower internal users to make data-backed business decisions quickly and intuitively, and to wow our external partners with business analytics that are second to none.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.
- As an Analytics Engineer you will be involved in the product development life cycle from brainstorming ideas to designing quality interactive data visualizations that deal with data complexity with elegance
- Define novel and critical metrics for the business, and build and maintain data aggregates to power these metrics
- Rapidly design, construct, and iterate on dashboards and other visualizations to inform decision making within operations and product
- Effortlessly manipulate large amounts of noisy data to answer new questions for the team and the business
- Build and maintain existing data solutions to service a wide variety of use cases
- Promote strategies to improve our data modeling, quality and architecture
- Work with teams to automate reporting and build a strong reporting architecture
- Partner with data engineering to improve data reporting performance
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards, and answer business questions with data
- Extensive Tableau experience is required, including viz development, complex dashboard actions, and optimizations
- Ability to lead projects and work independently once given direction
- Extensive experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Not afraid of command line interfaces
- Experience with Python or Scala a plus
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits