Who You Are
You are an analytics engineer who dreams data. You will hit the ground running on day one but will be humble enough to learn, too. You will work with hundreds of millions of records and be able to organize and make it easily available for consumption. You are a regular Van Gogh when it comes to data. Our BI Engineers work very closely with Product, Engineering, and Marketing to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users, and optimize the all around user experience for our customers. You will be working with the latest technology available and use your experience to influence product decisions for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product vertical or a group of products
- Design, build and launch new data models in our data warehouse
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in our data warehouse.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand Fair’s data needs
- Create and implement a Master Data Management strategy to ensure data quality, data governance and provide a single source-of-truth for data analysis
- Partner with business functions to define and implement business metrics and KPI
What You Have
- 4+ years experience in the data warehouse space (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query).
- 4+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 4+ years experience in writing SQL statements.
- 4+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance (Airflow, Luigi, DigDag).
- Experience with Python (Pandas, Numpy)
- Experience with BI Tools (Tableau, Looker, Mode)
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
What You'll Get:
- 100% coverage of medical, dental & vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Equity incentives (it’s only Fair that we are all owners of the company)
- Unlimited vacation package
- Daily catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Cellphone reimbursement
- Green commuter benefits (1 block from Light rail)
- Paid parking
- Employee referrals rewards
- Diverse & inclusive culture
- Leadership & mentorship programs
- Discount on Fair cars