Analyst, North America
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, millions play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As an Analyst, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll provide an important voice to players by using best-in-class analytic skills to translate data from a variety of sources into narratives that describe their experiences and suggest the right way forward. Armed with these narratives, you’ll inform decisions across Riot and ensure that we make good on our mission to become the most player-focused game company in the world.
You'll share a campus with the Central office that serves the whole world, but as a Rioter for the North American region, you'll have a laser focus on leveling up the experience for players in Canada and the United States.
This posting covers junior to mid analysts. Having an array of experiences and skills to draw on is a plus, especially if you have both analytics and research experience.
- Player-focused: you’re a core gamer and an analyst, probably in that order, and you use your gaming experience to both help interpret the data you’re seeing and generate empathy for the players involved
- Experienced: you’ll bring at least 3 years of professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and working closely with partners to inform company strategy, particularly within the digital marketing space
- Educated: you have at least a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Management Information Systems or a related discipline; graduate degrees are preferred, but can be replaced by relevant work experience in consulting, consumer insights, or product strategy groups
- Strategic and business-savvy: you’re well aware that there’s no point to analyzing every aspect of a problem if the decision hinges on one critical insight; you’re sharp about what makes a company like Riot tick and can find the critical path to how Riot can deliver meaningful experiences to players. Professional XP developing important metrics to inform business decisions will earn you some bonus points
- Technically adept: You’re very comfortable with statistics, probability, and quantitative analysis methods that help you find insights that matter. Additionally, you already know or are down to learn SQL, Python, or any other language that makes getting to the data more efficient; bonus points for front-end languages like Java or PHP. You also have experience working within Google Analytics and first and third party marketing data platforms
- Social: you can make friends anywhere you go, but that’s the easy part – you’re ready to build relationships and become a trusted advisor to decision-makers across Riot
- Adaptable: you recognize that situations change, complications arise, and you’re ok with that; you’re adept at making plans and prioritizing under pressure, but coolly flexible and able to handle whatever comes your way
- An equipped communicator: you’re comfortable using Excel, Powerpoint, and/or Tableau; you’re capable of translating raw data into reports and presentations that are clear and concise, and delivering them to an assortment of audiences
- Work in teams and solo to accurately aggregate and analyze petabytes of game data and information from various sources in preparation for deeper analysis and/or reporting
- Organize the data you’ve collected into reliable intel that informs Rioters about areas where we can improve the player experience
- Work with decision-makers to understand their goals, find opportunities, and inform decisions about products and features across the company
- Build awesome
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.