Studio Security Guard (Burbank/Culver City) at Warner Bros. Discovery (Greater LA Area, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
Warner Bros. Discovery seeks Security Guards for the Security department.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- To protect and serve all employees and visitors and to safeguard Company property.
- May be assigned to studio gates, office buildings, or on and off lot events, parties, premiers, screenings, Content Protection, Executive Protection and Audience shows on the Main Lot, at the Ranch, other Warner Bros. off-lot facilities or an off-lot location.
- Issues visitor passes at studio gates and buildings; conducts vehicle and personal item searches; metal detections, directs and assists visitors; monitors and directs on-lot pedestrian and vehicle traffic; patrols and monitors Company premises to ensure that only authorized individuals enter Company premises; maintains a log of security activities; observes and reports unusual and suspect activities; prepares written Incident reports
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experiences...
- Prefer 1-2 plus years of Security Officer experience in a corporate/office environment.
- Guard Card required.
- Must have a valid California Driver's License and a record of safe driving with at least 6 months of driving history.
- May be required to drive occasionally throughout main lot in Burbank and between facilities using a variety of company owned vehicles (golf-carts, large SUV, van, Pick-up truck and in some cases motorcycle) based on assignment. Traveling between facilities may require driving through surface streets and highways.
- Position requires physical exertion such as riding a bike, walking/standing for extended periods, climbing stairs, and lifting/maneuvering items weighing up to 50+ lbs.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule (minimum 3 days a week, with one day being Saturday or Sunday)
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in year-round weather conditions.
- Security operations are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Computer skills and Microsoft Office experience required
- Must join union (Studio Security and Fire Association) and adhere to union requirements and fees.
- Expected start dates: October 23 and October 30
In compliance with local & state law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Burbank, CA. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $18 per hour. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].