Manager, Incident and Problem Management (Remote)
Get to Know Us:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At BlackLine, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
The Incident and Problem Management Manager will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of BlackLine's platform and services. This individual will lead a team of incident and problem management specialists, working closely with cross-functional teams to minimize service disruptions, investigate root causes, and implement preventive measures. The successful candidate will possess exceptional leadership, technical, and communication skills and a deep understanding of ITIL best practices.
You'll Get To:
• Incident Management• Problem Management• Root Cause Analysis investigation• Risk Management• Communication• Customer Communications• Process and Process improvement
Managerial Responsibility (if applicable)
- Lead and mentor a team of incident and problem management specialists, setting clear goals, providing guidance, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures (SOPs) for incident and problem management, ensuring that the team follows best practices and achieves high-quality results.
- Collaborate with other IT and operations teams to establish a seamless incident and problem management process that aligns with the company's objectives.
- Incident Management:
- Oversee the resolution of critical incidents, managing the escalation process to minimize the impact on customers and end-users.
- Coordinate with technical teams and service providers to ensure swift incident resolution and effective stakeholder communication.
- Conduct post-incident reviews to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions.
- Problem Management:
- Lead efforts to identify and investigate recurring incidents, working closely with technical teams to determine root causes and long-term resolutions.
- Develop and maintain a problem knowledge base, ensuring relevant information is easily accessible to team members and stakeholders.
- Implement preventive measures and workarounds to mitigate potential incidents and improve overall system stability.
- Continuous Improvement and Reporting:
- Regularly analyze incident and problem management metrics to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance incident and problem management processes, ensuring a proactive approach to system stability and service reliability.
- Prepare and present reports on incident and problem management performance to senior management and stakeholders.
What You'll Bring:
Required Qualifications: College degree or applicable work experience.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 7
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: JIRA, ITIL, Confluence
We're Even More Excited If You Have:
• Strong technical background and understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, and cloud-based services.• Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building and motivating high-performing teams.• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate with stakeholders at all levels.• Analytical mindset with a focus on data-driven decision-making and continuous improvement.• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, handling multiple priorities with a customer-centric approach.
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
BlackLine recognizes that the ways we work and the workplace itself has shifted. We innovate in a workplace that optimizes a combination of virtual and in-person interactions to maximize collaboration and nurture our culture. Candidates who live within a reasonable commute to one of our offices will work in the office at least 2 days a week.
Pay Transparency Statement:
Placement within this range depends upon several factors, including the applicant's prior relevant job experience, skill set, and geographic location. In addition to base pay, BlackLine also offers short-term and long-term incentive programs, based on eligibility, along with a robust offering of benefit and wellness plans.