Cyber Security Engineer at NBCUniversal (Remote)
Join NBCUniversal Cyber Security and accelerate our security engineering by building an approach, tools, and documentation for our cyber infrastructure automation.
This role is a part of the Cyber Security Engineering team, responsible for security technology that supports the entire NBCUniversal enterprise. You'll be responsible for identifying key processes around the sustainability and availability of our security products and working to support and automate proactive approaches for deployment and optimizations of security toolsets.
- Establish, sustain, and improve highly-available, secure, and scalable foundations for core on-premise and cloud security services
- Develop tooling for configuration management, containerization, and secrets management with a DevOps agile approach
- Partner with security Service Owners and Architects to build new platforms and migrate existing security tools to be automated for on-prem and cloud-delivered solutions - reduce friction and enable self-service as much as possible
- Provide documentation and resources to enable other technologists to leverage new tooling and architectures
- Identify repeatable processes around operational tasks for deploying and managing security tools to target for automation
- Look at problems pragmatically to provide insight, ideas and help set priorities on how to execute accordingly
- Provide secure design and engineering guidance for enterprise security solution.
- Provide excellent support and service to other teams that rely on our services - help share knowledge, and assist in creation and management of alerts, reports and other knowledge objects.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours, and be available to perform maintenance and critical operations as needed
- An understanding of IT security principles and how to apply them.
- Experience with CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible and Github
- A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo
- Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on functionality that matters
- Eagerness for learn new security tools/services to support broadening portfolio.
- Leverage data to drive design and risk decisions using various sources and basic analytics to create clear metrics and reports.
- Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards
- 3-5 years of experience administrating security tools.
Bonus points for:
- A clear understanding of securing infrastructure in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience in managing IT security endpoint solutions i.e., Crowdstrike, Airlock
- Advanced-level knowledge and experience with scripting in one or more languages, ideally Python
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.