Deposit Service Representative II at City National Bank (Greater LA Area, CA)
DEPOSIT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Provide exemplary client service to bank colleagues and clients. Accept and process client transactions. Respond to questions regarding Bank services and refer clients to the appropriate colleagues. Maintain accurate files and records of transactions received, processed and/or forwarded for processing.
Commercial Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Commercial Real Estate Banking group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of banking products and services to experienced real estate developers and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office, Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
What you will do
- Answer questions and research account problems and generate changes to accounts as required.
- Ensure that decisions made are consistent with all Bank and Department policies and procedures, as well as applicable regulations.
- Receive, verify and process all wire transfer requests and answer questions regarding incoming and outgoing wire transfers.
- Reconcile all transfer transactions to general ledger clearing accounts and inputs confidential data to process transfers.
- Handle incoming and outgoing check receipts to and from Specialty Deposits. Verify receipts by confirming account and group number. Provide and obtain appropriate signatures.
- Verify and process stop payments, return items, positive pay and any checks with issues. Handle any checks with issues and prepare settlement returns. Prepare and process account fees.
- Provide customers with information on accounts, rates, service charge restrictions and other relevant account information.
- Research and resolve problems, responding to customer inquiries on account status.
- Proactively prepare and process account fees.
- Prepare entries to adjust general accounts affected by returned items. May approved return items.
- Respond to questions regarding incoming and/or outgoing wires.
- Responsible for collection activities.
- Process positive pay (e.g. account refunds, exceptions, etc.) and stop payments.
- Reconcile top sheet items to trust accounts monthly for clients; resolve difference before next statement is sent.
- Package cancelled checks and statements and send them to clients.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of systems, functions and procedures to identify and resolve quality issues to ensure overall team quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have complete understand of BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) and KYC functions as well as legal documents.
- General knowledge of Bank products and services.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, all levels of Bank colleagues and vendors.
- Able to work in a team environment and to adapt to sudden schedule changes.
Starting base salary: $18.39 - $27.62 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks .
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.'
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.