Writer/Editor at LegalZoom
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, December 2, 2021
We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated Senior Writer/Editor to join our marketing team and help take content to the next level. This is not a position for an 'order taker', we want a 'chef'. If you are a dynamic writer who generates fresh ideas and turns them into highly engaging stories, then we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in writing editorial and creative content for website articles, video and/or social media. Experience writing with SEO optimization and data analytics in mind is a plus. This role serves as a critical member of our content marketing team and reports to the Senior Managing Editor.
- Write long and short form editorial style article content aimed at educating and informing an audience
- Assist in script writing for video content and social media platforms
- Deliver accurate, error-free articles and exceptional attention to detail
- Interview subject matter experts to gain an in-depth understanding of our products and services
- Assign projects to freelance writers and provide copywriting, copyediting, proofreading services
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar
- Enterprise and develop content ideas
- 5+ years writing experience in journalism, media or on-line publication
- Knowledge of media production and communication
- Skilled in grammar and usage, with excellent judgement about copy needs and requirements of various forms of content
- Excellent research and analytical skills with the ability to break down complex concepts
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Relentless attention to detail
- Experience working with all levels of stakeholders including executives, directors, managers, and cross functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing, Writing, Journalism or related MBA or PhD a plus.
- Small business reporting background, or business to business content-marketing or advertising experience preferred
- Energy, initiative, and drive to succeed
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion , and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment . LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description