Video Engineer (Closed Captions + Subtitling) - TEMP- HIRE at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This role is responsible for supporting global closed captioning and subtitling video/technical operations in our Los Angeles office. Primary responsibilities include closed captioning and subtitling creation and conforms across all of our labels and supported language services. Additional responsibilities include quality control of video assets, light transcoding, and any administrative services related to the aforementioned functions.
We have multiple openings in our LA offices (Hollywood / Woodland Hills) and Nashville offices. These are true TEMP- HIRE opportunities.
Shift patterns are currently:
Los Angeles: 2pm -11pm / 9pm - 6am
Nashville: 7am - 4pm
Bilingual in Spanish is highly preferred!
How you'll CREATE:
- Act as a technical point of contact and operator for Closed Captioning/Subtitling transcription, conform, and compliancy
- Efficiently utilize various audio, video, and ancillary production and post-production tools (compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, subtitling and closed captioning software, as required)
- Edit, compress and quality check audio, video, and captions program material for subsequent productization and archive
- Review (and create) automated + manual Master QC reports with an attention to detail to systematically flag potential issues or concerns with the content of those reports
- Update and maintain content metadata for incoming assets, utilizing 3rd party and proprietary tracking and asset management systems
- Make sound, independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues
Bring your VIBE:
- A willingness to work a flexible schedule and location, as needed, in order to meet the deadlines and requirements of our internal labels and partners. Shift patterns are currently 2pm-11pm / 9pm-6am
- 3+ years of experience in the digital video and audio post-production sectors, with a strong emphasis on closed captioning and subtitling workflows
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly preferred
- Strong expertise and experience in caption-based, video, and audio workflows utilizing tools such as Adobe Premiere and MacCaption
- The aptitude to normalize, modify, and prepare file-based content to defined specifications and workflows
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting in a Mac-based work environment with a variety of 3rd party applications
- Outgoing, creative thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passionate and collaborative team player