Video Editor at SimplePractice (Santa Monica, CA)
At SimplePractice, we’re changing the face of health and wellness through innovative solutions that simplify the life of health and wellness practitioners. Think your neighborhood therapist, nutritionist, speech language pathologist, or massage therapist—the small business owners who dedicate their careers to helping others. Our solution provides them with an all-in-one platform to manage their practice and with the tools and resources to thrive as a practitioner and business owner. Our recent launch of Monarch (MeetMonarch.com)—a national directory with thousands of therapists offering online appointment requests—offers an easy way for consumers to access and book a therapist who meets their criteria.
SimplePractice is seeking a detail-oriented creative who’s passionate about the art of video editing and post-production. You must have strong communication and organizational skills to guarantee that we always deliver the highest quality assets and deliverables to support our growing team.
As a video editor at SimplePractice, you’ll join the video group and play an essential role providing critical support across the organization. You’ll work closely with the creative team as well as different stakeholders in marketing and other content teams to help produce e-learning courses, social media posts, and more.
Come join a rapidly growing, award-winning [Silver at w3 Awards 2021; Shortlisted at Brand Film Awards 2021] creative team that’s passionate about storytelling and the health and wellness industry.
- Perform the full range of editing including ingest, syncing, cutting, audio mixing, color correction, delivery and file management
- Support the marketing group by editing existing content, creating ads, and product announcement videos for a variety of platforms, and editing long form educational content
- Work within brand guidelines to create video content that reinforce the brand’s style and voice
- Review the scripts and project briefs to better understand the video production requirements and vision as well as work closely and collaborate with Producers and Videographers to ensure alignment across post-production
- Edit raw footage content and cut video sequences to ensure that concepts are effectively translated
- Organize and manage audio and video assets to ensure a smooth workflow and archive processes
- Ability to assist during production and filming of new content when needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of experience in video editing
- A strong eye for visual composition and pacing
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to effectively take direction and collaborate with creative and art directors, stakeholders, and other members of the team
- A desire to learn and grow
- Curiosity and base knowledge of marketing, production, and brand
- Proficiency with industry-standard editing software: Adobe CC (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition) and Davinci Resolve
- Basic knowledge of other programs such as Illustrator and Photoshop
- Motion graphics experience is a plus
- Experience with audio editing is a plus
- Knowledge of audio software products or music industry knowledge is a plus
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).