VFX & Motion Graphics Artist
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a VFX & Motion Graphics Artist to join the Marketing Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
The VFX & Motion Graphics Artist will work closely with creatives, producers, editors, and filmmakers on a wide range of video content and be the go-to for all VFX needs. This is not the job for a person who wants to focus on one particular skill because everyday you will be doing something totally different. These things include design and animation, compositing, tracking, rotoscoping, 3D and 2D and after effects.
The ideal candidate will use their visual storytelling prowess to develop creative from concept to delivery. In addition, you must be able to work and communicate well with a team and be able to handle pressure and tight deadlines. This role will allow ample creative freedom and opportunity to explore executions and grow his/her skills.
What You’ll Do:
As a VFX & Motion Graphics Artist at Honey, you will:
- Responsible for concepting, developing and executing motion graphics and visual effects for a range of video content
- Collaborate in concert with the art director, editor and producer
- Develop concepts, generating (multiple) iterations of a “look” in storyboards and style frames
- Comfortably propose and present ideas, take direction, participate in internal brainstorms, prioritize workload, manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively, and work with key personnel in order to deliver projects on time
- Handle elements of post-production, including animations, particle effects, motion tracking, rotoscoping, painting, color correction/grading, keying, layering of elements, screen replacements, and shot clean-ups
- Be a creative thinker and storyteller who can solve complex motion graphics and VFX challenges
- Stay up-to-date on creative trends, pop culture and latest VFX and animation trends and techniques
- Reel with most up to date work
- 4+ years of production company, agency or client-side experience in motion design and VFX
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially After Effects and Premiere) and other motion graphics, animation and video tools
- Strong post-production and VFX skills such as compositing, tracking, keying, rotoscoping, screen comps, etc
- Experience with 2D and 3D design and animation
- Thorough understanding of motion graphics, design, and typography
- Strong conceptual skills; you’re comfortable generating great ideas in a collaborative environment and have the skills to execute your ideas to completion
- Self-starter and constantly curious about leveling up
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising performance or accuracy in a deadline oriented environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.