Vehicle Test Editor at Edmunds
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Vehicle Test Editor at Edmunds will be a key member of America's Best Test Team, producing some of the most widely read and important content on the site. When car shoppers are looking for reliable, trustworthy information about new cars, trucks and SUVs, they look to the informed opinions of our editorial department.
As a Vehicle Test Editor at Edmunds, you will assist in instrumented vehicle testing at theEdmunds Test Track, providing the quantitative data that informs every vehicle rating andranking on Edmunds. You will also be one of the primary creators of content and will beexpected to be knowledgeable, unbiased and capable of connecting with car shoppers on theirlevel. You must be able to write clean, easy-to-read copy that cuts through the clutter and helpsshoppers find the right car for their needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Evaluate and rate new vehicles to determine their strengths, weaknesses and overall level of competitiveness
- Assist in weekly instrumented testing at the Edmunds Test Track (Carson, CA)
- Post-process raw vehicle test data per Edmunds and SAE standards
- Attend and report on industry events as an Edmunds representative and develop productive relationships with industry representatives
- Write and update content that gives Edmunds users the information they need to make smart buying decisions
- Help produce video reviews as on-camera talent, for both multi-vehicle comparison testsand first-drive press events
What You Need:
- A seasoned professional career in automotive journalism
- High-level writing skills
- Proven record of high-quality vehicle evaluations in a variety of market segments
- A passion for vehicle testing, driving and test data, and fundamental understanding ofvehicle dynamics
- High-performance driving experience
- Knowledge of Racelogic VBox hardware/software a plus
- Proactive attitude and strong sense of integrity
- Driving is an integral part of this job and all applicants must be able to pass a motor vehicle records check and meet the requirements of the Edmunds Policy on Authorized Driving
- Minimum 2 years of experience
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.