Temp Associate Editor at Leaf Group
Leaf Group is looking for a Temp Associate Editor to help us crush online content creation.
The Associate Editor (Temp) is responsible for managing the day-to-day content initiatives of our editorial partnership with Hearst. You are a proactive self-starter with a keen editing eye and editorial management skills. You must have a strong understanding of the online content ecosystem and a strong editorial and writing background.
Our Performance Brands & Partners (PBP) business oversees 55+ of our most promising new web sites, including content in our partnership with Hearst.
You’ll be working remotely with the PBP Editorial Team. You must be able to work within the US.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: Operations Manager, Media
A typical day as a Temp Associate Editor might include:
- Oversee day-to-day content production of Hearst editorial project, working to boost editorial quality and publish content efficiently to ensure we meet monthly production goals.
- Review, assess and edit articles to ensure content meets quality standards and adheres to voice and style guidelines.
- Monitor and report progress to Operations Manager daily and at weekly editorial meeting.
- Field and answer questions from freelance writers, and source new ones as needed.
- Make adjustments and updates to editorial guidelines.
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in journalism, English, communications or related field or related experience
- A minimum of 2-4 years of editorial experience, journalism-room or content marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent content editing and copy editing skills. Proficient in AP Style and has experience creating editorial calendars and online programming. Technical editing experience a plus.
- Ability to pivot and adapt to changing priorities.
- Familiarity with SEO concepts, including the role content creation plays in organic search traffic.
- Excel skills a plus.
- Strong collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- A willingness to learn and share your knowledge with the team.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.