Technical Writer at NuORDER
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:43 p.m. (PST) on Friday, February 28, 2020
NuORDER is a venture-backed, B2B eCommerce technology company revolutionizing the way the $130 billion wholesale business is done. Since 2011, we’ve offered a platform to empower brands and retailers to conduct their business in a smarter, modern, more efficient way and 100% online. We’re digitizing the buying process and currently partnering with over 1,200 brands and 500,000 retailers within different verticals to provide a central place to browse different products and catalogs, access up-to-the-minute sales and inventory data, and place orders any time of day, even via mobile.
Reporting into the VP of Product Management, and located in Los Angeles, the Sr Technical Writer is responsible for crafting and revising in-app content, product walk-thrus, video tutorials, help documents and other forms of documentation to allow brands and retailers to get the most value from NuORDER. Responsibilities include documenting NuORDER’s features and capabilities through various formats, monitoring feedback on existing documents, and working with product, UX, and development teams for content needs in and outside the application. Your success will derive from your superior communication skills, customer centricity, high degree of organization, attention to detail, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment.
- Drive documentation planning with product teams and other partners, defining writing projects and determining priorities in real time.
- Produce, test, and continuously improve documentation that is clear, complete, concise and effective. This includes help desk articles, in app product walk thrus, video tutorials, and other forms of documentation.
- Work hands-on with features to test functionality, provide usability feedback, and improve designs.
- Collaborate with project team members on the various copy components that are involved with the project (this may include reviewing in-app copy, helping compose transactional email copy, scripts for video tutorials)
- Conduct content audits and help maintain existing Knowledge base content
- Identify user needs using data and feedback across multiple teams/stakeholders (Customer Success, Support, Retail)
- Standardize terminology across content types (in-app, help articles, marketing materials)
- Must be located in Los Angeles or willing to relocate.
- Degree in English, technical writing, computer science or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a software technical writer.
- Background in B2B or SaaS writing strongly preferred.
- Experience designing and delivering customer-facing and technical documentation.
- Experience using and following editorial standards, such as a style guide.
- Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content.
- Experience producing/editing video tutorials to help users learn and maximize value from the platform.
- Experience working with Zendesk or similar content authoring tools for knowledge base articles
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies.
- Experience working directly with engineering teams or other subject matter experts.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Ability to handle stressful, time critical projects and deliver great user outcomes.
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together.
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid maternal and paternal leave.
As a NuORDER employee, you can expect a variety of learning and development opportunities and a plethora of snacks, coffee, and sparkling water in our fully stocked kitchen! In addition, it’s not unusual for us to have Bagel Fridays, free lunches, game nights, and happy hours to bond as a team.
Read Full Job Description