Technical Writer at WELL Health
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL is looking for a talented Technical Writer to join our Account Management team. As the Technical Writer, you will report directly to our Director of Customer Support, and play a critical role in ensuring client happiness.
The initial focus of this role will be creating durable customer-facing documentation for self-service. Dependent on business needs, you will also be responsible for creating other items like release notes, and writing for technical partners, should those needs arise.
You are deadline and data-driven, and you have strong independent working skills while still effectively working cross-functionally with other departments. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and excited about working at a hyper-growth organization.
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams to assist with planning and tracking documentation work to meet product releases and client deliverables
- Creating and curating through editorial oversight the internal WELL knowledge base
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Account Management, Product, Client Training, Software Engineering, and BI teams to carry out extensive discovery in order to create documentation that communicates information in a clear, concise manner
- Help establish a consistent voice and communicate information through documentation
- Analyze the target audience and craft documents to best meet the audience’s level of knowledge
- Participate with other stakeholders to create and ensure adherence to a WELL style guide
- 4+ years technical writing experience within a SaaS company
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills that drives you to produce world-class content
- Ability to create a positive customer experience by writing comprehensive and easily understood WELL product releases
- Experience working with technical teams in an Agile environment
- Find knowledge gaps that will benefit customers and team members alike
- Experience producing short-form content: user briefs, tip sheets, troubleshooting guides, FAQs, and knowledge base.
- Experience with Salesforce Knowledge Base, Confluence, and JIRA (or similar tools)
- Comfortable working as a solo producer within a team context
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Communication, Journalism, or related field
- Knowledge of healthcare workflows
- Experience writing for a non-technical audience
- Experience with HTML and creating web media content including infographics
- Experience building a customer-facing communication process or tool including release notes
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with a second office in Boston, MA. If you are located near one of our offices, we ask that you come onsite on a regular cadence. If you do not, this role is 100% remote. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram (@wellhealthinc). To hear firsthand what it’s like to work at WELL, please view this team video.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
Even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria, we encourage you to apply.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that WELL Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. WELL Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.