Technical Writer, Construction Financials
Procore is seeking a Technical Writer to author, edit, and review product documentation on our financial tools (e.g. Budget, Prime Contract, Commitments, etc.). In this role, you will work with internal resources, interview software developers, and attend engineering meetings to gather, write, and publish technical information for our varied audiences.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, energetic, and able to handle the fast-paced culture of a dynamic startup company. The ideal candidate has strong writing skills and a passion for producing a variety of top quality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, and videos.
Desired Skills and Experience
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain internal documentation ticketing system, solving issues presented from customers and internal consumers
- Create in-depth user guides, FAQs, technical overviews, and in-product help documentation
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and validity
- Adapt rapidly to a changing industry and be able to adjust responsibilities, time, and objectives accordingly
- Identify problem areas or structural deficiencies and proactively contribute to their improvement
- Regular use of a content management system (CMS) to manage the lifecycle of technical documentation including draft, review, and publish phases.
- Become a subject matter expert of our construction financial tools and how they’re used in construction to handle budget modifications, change orders, payment applications, etc.
- Regular communication and synchronization with the Director of Documentation and Certification
All candidates are expected to possess the following skill set:
- Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys team success
- Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Strong technical aptitude; ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools, and write succinctly about a variety of technical concepts
- Ability to synthesize technical content from an SME and create training materials (e.g. documentation, infographics, training scripts) that clearly explain the topic/task to end users based upon their persona
- Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company - this is a must!
The ideal candidate has a Background and Experience that includes:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, or Journalism
- 2-5 years experience working as a Technical Writer or in related job role
- Experience working at a construction firm and/or familiarity using financial software systems (e.g. QuickBooks, Sage, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly for multiple audiences using either formal or more casual tones
- Excellent work ethic and strong intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes
- Experience creating infographics to more clearly communicate workflow processes and abstract topics
- Track record of effective collaboration
Bonus Skills - these are not required, but are a huge plus:
- Experience working in a technical startup company, preferably a SaaS company
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams
- Experience writing content for software applications using a CMS
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) both in-person and remote
- Experience in prioritizing and understanding the lifecycle of documentation from pre-release through on-going maintenance
- Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
- Experience working in the construction industry is desired, but not required
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.